Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Brother with stage 4 mellonoma.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tobiasguilford
    Participant

He had surgery to remove lymph nodes in groin and cancer growth on back on Dec. 3 2012. He has had complications from the lymph nodes. Draining and opening of drainage areas in his groin area. Along with pain and the constant drain problem along with infection that have delayed his therapy medication. As of today he can finally get started in his meds. I do not understand why this is such a long drawn out procedure. We have a really great staff that answers any questions we have concerning his issues. Does any one else have issues like this? I think he is starting to show signs of depression, because he can’t do anything as far as getting up and walking. Any help or input would be appreciated. :|

Jillly
    Participant

I am sorry to hear your brother is having so many complications; I can relate! My husband is stage 4 also. He first had a mole removed on his right calf that was stage 2 and negative sentinel node in 2010. He has had two surgeries and both times he had complications; one in September 2012 and again in January this year. Both times he had fluid building up due to the removal of the lymph nodes and had to have drains put in. Both times he had to wait until the drains came out to begin treatment. He is currently doing treatment with Yervoy.

Jilly

Tobiasguilford
    Participant

Is he able to get around very well? We think he should be up moving instead of sitting around. But he complains of discomfort. They removed lymph nodes on both sides of his groin. He has had 3 infections. The last one was last week, so we had to hold off on the meds. UGH! It seems just one road block after another.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.