Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II bump in the road…i mean my thigh

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BigRed1984
    Participant

I was scratching my leg last night when I felt a bump. I started poking around and I found a hard lump about the size of a marble in my thigh. Not in my groin mind you, about 5 inches down from my groin and closer to the center front part of my thigh but a little more towards the inner side. Its an inch below a relatively normal looking mole. I am freaked out now, and just when I had been starting to panic less. I had a new mole frozen off of my calf in October last year, I hope it wasn’t melanoma. Are there lymph nodes in this area? I am looking into Lipomas right now, but It doesn’t feel very squishy. I had a lipoma in my arm once it was the size of a BB and it moved all around and squished easily.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

We can try to reassure you, but it is always best to get things checked out when you are worried. Let us know what the doc thinks it is..and try not to worry.

Jenni
    Participant

You and I think a lot alike. I immediately go to the worst scenario too :) I would get it checked out, BUT it is unlikely melanoma.

Let us know how it turns out. Will be thinking of you!

PS, I had a freak out attack a few weeks ago because I have a mole that is dark on one side and light on the other (it is in my upper left thigh area) look different to me. Upon closer inspection I realize I have a dark hair that grows out of it and it is ingrown. Still today, it is all bumped up weird but I cannot get the damn hair out :) But I know that awful feeling you get in the gut that is like OMG, what the hell is this!

Try to relax, see the dr and go from there!

Best,

Jenni

BigRed1984
    Participant

I have calmed down a little bit. I jump to conclusions quite easily. My mother in law, a retired nurse, has given me some advice I think I will follow. She says that the body is not symmetrical and lumps and bumps happen. It could be a lipoma, a blood vessel, or a lymph node, although the groin is a more usual area for a swollen one. I should wait a week or two and see if it changes before seeing a doctor. If its something to worry about it may grow or start to hurt, if it’s from an infection that clears it will probably shrink, if it’s a lipoma it will stay the same.

Part of me wants to rush out to the doctor, its difficult but I think I can handle waiting. Two weeks wont kill me, RIGHT?

wpatterson4
    Participant

I say, if you can afford it, go for broke. Visit the doctor. Life is too short to spend all of your time worrying.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.