• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Maureen038
    Participant

My husband, Bill will be starting this trial in a week or so at Pittsburg with Dr. Kirkwood. I am wondering if anyone else is on this trial and can give us advice. He is on arm 8. He had the ACT at NIH this summer. He tolerated it very well and completed 5 doses of IL2. His two scans have been mixed results with the two lymph nodes shrinking and possibly not being cancerous and three of the nine lung nodules growing about 4 mm. The only other treatment he has done is HD interferon which he was randomized from the ipi/ interferon treatment. He finished two months of that treatment when the first lung nodule appeared. He had VATS surgery a year ago, but three months later, he started having tiny lung nodules. He feels great now, but we are back on the roller coaster of this disease wondering if this new treatment will work. Any advice would be very welcomed!

Maureen

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Maureen: This is a very promising study of IPI/PD1, it is also at Sloan Kettering, and Yale I believe.

Here is the listing:http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01024231?term=CA+209+004&rank=1

It should be far less toxic than your previous therapies and again, promising. Let us know how it goes for you and Bill.

Maureen038
    Participant

Thanks Catherine! He should start in a week or two. I will let you know how it goes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.