Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Celebrating TIL

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hein
    Participant

Exactly one year ago today, I was told I would probably not make it into the new year. Look at me now: in october I did the TIL, in january I was NED and today I’m feeling better than ever before.

Thanks to all of you for your support this last year and hoping and praying for all of you that some fine day you can have such a celebration also.

Hein

benp
    Participant

Hi Hein,

Congratulations! Thank you very much for posting this. I may be about to start this treatment, so it’s extremely encouraging to hear about your results.

Ben.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Hein,

So good to hear from you. I’m really pleased this therapy worked for you. We have another patient who has done well with this at NCI too, she has a blog you can google, Melanomamom. She writes extremely well about the treatment and her experience. I would caution folks that this therapy is extremely difficult, strenuous to get through, and there are many restrictions to entry, especially being young and fit. Hein had his treatment in the Netherlands while in the U.S. it is only available at NCI, Moffitt and MDA I believe. There is a lot to learn about this therapy before undergoing it.

wim1
    Participant

Hi Hein,

Nice to hear from you again, hopefully in the future more people will bring this kind of great news.

Wim

Neilzy
    Participant

TIL worked for me for about a year and gave me time to enjoy the benefits of Zelboraf when it was approved – now that Zelboraf has stopped working for me I am looking for the next “miracle”.

It was difficult and it may not be suitable for every melanoma patient, but I have mostly good things to say about TIL therapy.

NYKaren
    Participant

Thanks for posting, Hein. It’s so encouraging to hear good news.

Wishing you NED always,

karen

cindy5
    Participant

Hein,

SOOOOO happy for one more warrior who is charging into “NED” land. Congratulations and please keep all of us posted in the future.

Cindy

Hein
    Participant

Octobre 11th is coming up, for me a magic date because last year at this date I got my T-cells back. Today I went for my 3-months checkup and everything is still clean, just as if I never had Melanoma.

My prof Haanen told me NKI in Holland is preparing a big study on TIL, together with Christie’s in Manchester and the Danish Cancer Institute.

Hein

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.