• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    cohanja
    Participant

I know this is from few years ago, but I came across it and was astounded at the “facts” that they clearly have incorrect. Does anyone research this stuff before writing about it?

http://www.menshealth.com/health/if-you-had-cancer-would-you-know-it

” the chances of beating even Level 3 or Level 4 melanoma are only about 10 percent” huh?

Level 2 melanoma, injected the drugs at night really?

cohanja
    Participant

I thought this was also interesting, fascinating in a way:

Curiously, sunlight may also reduce melanoma’s capacity to kill. According to researchers at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, a study of 528 patients with early-stage melanoma shows that those who’d had the most sun prior to diagnosis stood a better chance of survival. One plausible theory is that vitamin D, produced by exposure to the sun, helps slow the spread of cancer. Another possibility is that the sunlight breaks down collagen in the skin, turning it into a barrier that blocks the melanoma from penetrating into the blood or lymphatic system

Abby
    Participant

Info changes… My mom was prescribed “sunlight therapy” by her family doctor, also the town coroner, for her skin cancer about 30 years ago. Hmmm….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.