Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II Checking in on the melanoma mommas!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BigRed1984
    Participant

Greetings ladies of the MIF! I have been so busy being pregnant that I have not been checking in on the forums lately. I was wondering how everyone is doing. Jenni, toastwave and Marie how are you all doing? I think toastwave would have delivered by now. I would love to hear from you guys. I am doing well. No weird skin issues yet. I have grown a new flesh colored face mole right between my eyebrows, oh joy. But nothing alarming. I hope your pregnancies are going well. :D

Jenni
    Participant

Hi BigRed!

Glad to hear you are doing well! What week are you in?

I am 14.5 weeks and just found out today we are having twin BOYS!! AHHH, scary :) Alexandra will be our only princess :)

I am still sick *puked right before the ultrasound actually* and I have a horrible sinus pressure drainage headache thing going on. Trying some Claritin today, my dr says it is ok. Hope to get some relief soon!

I had 3 new mini moles grow since I got pregnant, nothing alarming, just little round darker brown moles, I had one biopsied and am waiting to hear back. Figured if they took one and it wasn’t bad then I could relax about the other 2. Will let you know!

Yes, would love to hear from the others too!

Feeling big here already, I am showing like I did at 25 weeks with my first child :) Guess twin boys will do that to you!!

Cheers,

Jenni

BigRed1984
    Participant

twin boys, congratulations!!! What an exciting time. :D

Aside from the nausea and biopsy I am glad to hear you are doing well.

Keep us posted on the recent mole biopsy. I hope it comes back benign. Gotta love those pregnancy hormones changing everything.

I am 26 weeks and I only have one baby but look huge. It’s all out front, I look like I am due much sooner than mid September. It’s fun though. I love my big baby belly :D

Laurie
    Participant

Ladies,

Glad to hear your pregnancies are progressing well. Keeping good thoughts going for you all!!!

Here’s to healthy babies and mommas!!!! (and the rest of the family too)

Laurie

Jenni
    Participant

Hello there all,

They finally called from UCLA dermatology and told me that the mole that they removed was moderately atypical….also known as ALL MY MOLES :) They want me to come back to make sure all was removed bec the margins are close but I am pretty sure it’s all gone.

It was sorta entertaining to listen to the nurse (they are not very well experienced here with melanoma)…she was like we may need to take more margins if some colored part of the mole is left. This means another small biopsy…it is not malignant but we want clear margins on something atypical,especially with it being on your back you cannot see it if it grows back….(well yes, I can because my husband checks my back against pictures because all my moles are atypical I think, but anyways)….I cannot explain it well but she was going step by step, and I said, sorry to break in but can you just please tell me what the actual pathology report says….she says well the words may be confusing…I said, try me…and she went through a few lines, which I totally got :) It is funny how well versed I am with moles and biopsies :) They are mailing me my results, but my husband says its appears gone. I will have to search around the LA area for someone more specialized in melanoma. It sucks, I had two great doctors in the Bay area that were awesome and they knew their stuff with melanoma. Here, I don’t feel like anyone does. This was a UCLA derm and they just seemed more concerned with chatting with me about fixing my scars, varicose veins and they didn’t even use a dermascope…AND the only moles they took pics of were of two larger, more normal looking moles that I have had for years :)

Anyways, I am not trying to vent. It is good news. I made a moderately atypical mole from pregnancy….but that is what I always seem to make, cheers to good news :)

Jenni

cohanja
    Participant

Good news.

Ya, I often feel like I am more well versed in this stuff than many of the people working in many of the dermatologists offices I go to. . but I guess when you have immersed yourself in it for couple years, you probably learn a lot

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.