Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Clarifying some things about Merck PD1

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I think it was probably me who mistakenly said some things about the PD1 trial that are incorrect. Here is the correction: this study provides a 2:1 chance to receive MK3475 (not 3:1). This study is not being amended to remove the chemo option; it remains randomized to chemo with potential for crossover.

PN001 (different study) has been amended to open additional slots and is not randomized to anything other than MK3475. This will affect all sites that are participating in this study. Those sites are listed on clinicaltrials.gov.

I also have an updated list if folks need to find a trial. Email me: cpoole@melanomainternational.org

ncdaniel
    Participant

Catherine, Looked up PN001 on Gov site did not see any trials listed is this same sites as MK 3475?

Thanks, Daniel

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Yes, this is the MK3475, probably is not posted yet on the govt. site. This will be an amendment. Does that answer your question? It is always best to call the individual site and speak with the research coordinator to make sure of particulars..

nancyk
    Participant

I am sorry–new to this trying to figure how hard to push for a PD-1 Trial for my Dad. When you say 2:1 does that mean one placebo to every two real drug?

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

This confusing to everyone, so no problem. It is one person designated to chemo agent (choice of three I believe between you and doctor) vs. 2 randomized to PD1. If the patient progresses on the chemo, they can cross over to the PD1.

Melamom91
    Participant

I just started this trial and wanted to clarify you have to show progression at 12 week scans, then also have a 28 day washout period from the chemo, so it is a risk you need o consider.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.