Home Forums Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II Clear Cell Sarcoma/Malignant Melanoma of the Soft Parts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Obalanena
    Participant

Hi

My name is Terri. I am a 36 yo mother of 3. I found a lump on the bottom of my foot over 2 years ago. As I was pregnant, I put off doing anything. (I thought it was only a plantar’s wart….) When I finally “got around” to having it looked at, I was diagnosed with Clear Cell Sarcoma/Malignant Melanoma of the Soft Parts (ccs/mmsp). I had the tumor and 2 cm margins removed (basically my whole heel) and reconstructive surgery. I had sentinal lymph node mapping, with all 8 nodes being negative for cancer cells. I am looking for anyone who has dealt with this. We went to MD Anderson, and they felt this tumor was unlikely to recur. But, when you try to research this topic, it seems like all you see is that “the prognosis is dismal….”. Therefore, I would love to find someone who has dealt with this. Thanks and God Bless!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I’m sorry to hear of all that you have been through but it sounds like you have a good prognosis. I do not know of other patients with that diagnosis. Sorry. But do let us know how you are doing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II’ is closed to new topics and replies.