Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Clinical Trial for Stage IV?? Help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    myshmupy
    Participant

My husband is Stage IV.. Large inoperable adrenal mass and mets in lung and throughout intestines, etc. Yesterday Moffitt offered a trial that they want him to sign consent for on MONDAY. No information available except that 1 of three participants will be given chemo. My hisband does not want chemo… Yervoy was unsuccessful. He is Braf- neg. No mets in brain. We sold our home in Delaware to mover to FL to be near Moffitt and have not been happy with the care there.

We are willing to travel. Is there a PD 1 trial open anywhere? Or if he is unfortunate enough to sign consent on Monday for this trial and be designated in the chemo arm, can he opt out? TIme is of the essence (I know that’s the case for all of us).. Any help on this trial or others would be appreciated! 😥

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I’ve written to you privately, but yes, he can opt out if he receives the chemo arm. There are a few PD1 trials in Florida, mostly IPI refractory (failed to respond to IPI) and randomized to chemo. However, the Merck PD1 allows cross-over to the PD1 if you progress. on the chemo arm. There is one in Ft. Lauderdale that is accruing still I believe. Possibly Jacksonville and Miami may have openings as well.

KarenJ
    Participant

MD Anderson has a PD1 trial recruiting. So i guess that would mean traveling to Houston. I am going to see if i can get my husband in it, because his 4th ipi infusion last wednesday made him really sick. He will have an mri 7/2 to see if he has progressed. He had 50% shrinkage with Zelboraf.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.