Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Clinical trial options

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chuck B
    Participant

Catherine,

I would like to know if I have any clinical trial’s available to me. A quick history, lesion on scalp and bump near ear diagnosed metastatic melanoma 6/2012, WLE and modified radical neck dissection 6/12, 4 positive of 59 lymph nodes, participating in E1609 Ippy-interferon trial, ceased Interferon 3/1 after 6 months, currently NED and since resection, Braf -“wild type”.

Are there other trials I might qualify for?? How do I investigate? I plan to discuss this with my oncologist next week and would like to go in with some knowledge of options..if any.

Chuck B

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

You would be stage IIIC and if you are unresectable you could get Yervoy by perscription. I will check on clinicaltrials.gov, which you should check out too. Are you HLA positive? There is the MageA3 trial but I am not sure it is accruing. Let me do some research.

buffcody
    Participant

Just a sidebar question, Catherine. What is HLA? I’ve never heard of it. I expect to be getting results of my genetic sequencing at the end of the month and will be looking out for this one, but need some education.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I tried to find a good definition for you, but the best I can explain is it is your tissue type and is used for certain (but not many) trials and in some stage III trials. I’m not sure it would be useful for you at this time. The things we look for now are BRAF, NRAS, CKIT etc. You just need to find out what therapy matches what genetic make up of your tumor.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.