Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II Clinical trials without having SLNB

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bon15
    Participant

Is it correct that you cannot join a clinical trial if you have not had an SLNB?

I ask because my melanoma was 0.72mm deep and I did ask my dermatologist on diagnosis nearly a year ago for an SNLB but he was adamant that I could not have one as no surgeon would perform one outside the guidelines (I’m in the UK) which state this procedure should only be considered for stage 1b and above. I’m stage 1a.

I’ve always felt that I could have dealt with the psychological side of the diagnosis much better if I’d had an SNLB but now I’ve also heard that you can’t be in a clinical trial, if the disease progresses in the future, this makes it even worse.

cohanja
    Participant

i have not heard of this, but i also have not researched advanced stage clinical trials very much in detail

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I have not heard this as a criteria at all for a clinical trial. Scans are usually required for clinical trials and that way your stage would be confirmed. I wouldn’t concern yourself with this.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.