Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II Concerning Post WLE Symptoms

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    NatMilne
    Participant

Hi there,

I had a WLE done one week ago for a malignant melanoma that has been diagnosed after first excision as stage 1 in situ. It was on my left thigh just above my knee on the outside of my leg. The melanoma whilst not thick was 14 x 5mm in length and breadth and had been like that for at least one and a half years.

What is concerning me is that since about two days ago (max) I have started to get sore glands/lymph nodes in my left knee (at the back), high up on my buttocks/hips, by my pectorals (especially tender on the left side) and at the nape of my neck. I have also been experiencing nausea intermittently.

I am still awaiting the histology results of the new tissue taken and although the doctors advised it should be clear, I am concerned with these new developments. My doctor is currently away so I am not sure if this is something I should alert him to or just par for the course?

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Warm regards,

Natalie

cohanja
    Participant

Hello, when you say, “stage 1 in situ” those are actually different. In situ is stage 0. Stage 1 is not in situ. Do you know which one you are?

washoegal
    Participant

I would certainly call the office and see if there is someone on call you can see. It might me an if there is no heat or redness around your WLE it might be an allergic reaction or something like that. Then again it might be nothing at all but at least you’ll know!

NatMilne
    Participant

I havent got the actual histology report, all the Dermatologist said to me initially was that it was Stage 1 and was superficial. Then later in the conversation she used the words in situ. so to be honest, I really am not sure.

I will give them a call tomorrow then and see what they say.

Thank you.

Worrywart
    Participant

are you sure they didn’t say clarks level 1, in situ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.