Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Cost of Keytruda

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rochelle
    Participant

Hello all,

Just received an EOB for my first Keytruda infusion….wow!! It’s just as expensive as Yervoy!! Anyone else have the same experience?

Martha

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

One month supply $125K? Yes, very expensive.

RJoeyB
    Participant

Both Yervoy and Keytruda are expensive, but it’s difficult to do a true cost comparison since they are prescribed differently. Yervoy is most commonly prescribed as a fixed course of four infusions given every three weeks at a total “list price” of $120,000, or $30,000 per infusion (subsequent “maintenance doses” are possible but rare). Keytruda is also given as an infusion every three weeks, but there isn’t currently a limit on how long patients stay on it, other than until there is disease progression. The cost most often quoted publicly is $12,500 per month, or $150,000 per year, but total cost can be much more variable depending on how long you’re on it. Of course, how they’re each covered by insurance companies and then reflected on EOB’s probably varies widely from company to company.

Joe

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Joe, thanks! I moved the decimal the wrong way, such big numbers to swallow. Here’s what I saw listed as well:

A year of Keytruda will cost about $150,000, or $12,500 a month, according to The Wall Street Journal. To use a baseline, Bristol Myers’ PD-1 drug Opdivo, which received Japanese regulatory approval in July, is going to cost the equivalent of $143,000 for a full year of treatment.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.