Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV CraigG Status Update

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    CraigG
    Participant

Just another update from me CraigG

Background:

1991 : First melanoma removed

2005 : Melanoma reappears

(No particular order)

3 craniotomies later

2 clinical studies

Several surgeries, radiation, etc

Current:

15th week of EMR2000066-006, 3rd clinical study

Last set of scans show no new growths, nothing getting bigger

First side effect was rash/acne on face and funny pain on scalp. I called scalp pain ‘hair on fire’

since it never lasted very long, 3-4 seconds. All under control by week 5 or so.

Very sun intolerant – Took a few weeks before it happened – Sunburned arms just going out to water plants and pick up mail…top of hands are now kinda sore…got ointments for all this

All side effects covered pretty well by my oncology staff

Never take a bunch a pills without some food – oops forgot – got the worst case of dry heaves

No major complaints – well I wish I had a bit more energy to do things..

CraigG

Craig_G
    Participant

Week 21 – Good news

Most recent scans show 3 tumors inactive or gone. 2 no growth and lower activity.

My unrelated problem with my heart, Atrial Fibrillation, A-Fibs, was what was really making me think that my fatigue and shortness of breath were all related to my study drug. 6 days in hospital took care of all that. They modified my heart medications.

So now I am almost feeling normal.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Craig,

That all sounds good and thanks for the tips. Now, can you tell me what trial this is? I’ve not heard of this therapy and couldn’t find anything on google.

Craig_G
    Participant

EMR200066-006

Trial of MEK Inhibitor and PI3K/mTOR Inhibitor in Subjects With Locally Advanced or Metastatic Solid Tumors

Basic Trial Information

Trial Description

Summary

Eligibility Criteria

Trial Contact Information

Basic Trial Information

Phase Type Status Age Sponsor Protocol IDs

Phase I Biomarker/Laboratory analysis, Treatment Active 18 and over Pharmaceutical / Industry EMR 200066-006

NCT01390818

Trial Description

Summary

This research trial is testing a combination of two experimental drugs, MSC1936369B (Mitogen-activated protein extracellular signal-regulated kinase (Mek) Inhibitor) and SAR245409 (Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (Pi3K)/Mammalian Target of Rapamycin (mTOR) inhibitor), in the treatment of locally advanced or metastatic solid tumours. The primary purpose of the study is to determine the maximum tolerated dose of the drug combination.

I’m taking it through Pinnacle Oncology, Scottsdale AZ.

Craig_G

Craig_G
    Participant
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.