Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV CraigG Updates

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    CraigG
    Participant

I am the last participant in this trial, EMR200066-006, for my oncologist. After 10 cycles (=30 weeks) I am still NED. This trial consists of:

A combination of two experimental drugs, MSC1936369B (Mitogen-activated protein extracellular signal-regulated kinase (Mek) Inhibitor) and SAR245409 (Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (Pi3K)/Mammalian Target of Rapamycin (mTOR) inhibitor).

I was pretty down after 20 weeks or so, but in reducing the dosage by 25%, everything got a lot better. Also, by taking these drugs at 11 PM, it makes for an easier night and day, since I usually have the most fatigue in the first 6 hours. After that, and the reduction in dosage, I felt good enough to return to work.

I did make the mistake (twice actually – ouch) of being in the indirect sun for more than a minute and getting a nice lobster rash/burn on my arms, which impressed all my friends.

Previously I recommended a book by John Green, “The Fault in Our Stars”, It is suppose to be released in 2014 as a movie. I suggest reading the book first.

My oncologist works at Pinnacle Oncology, in Scottsdale AZ.

Craig G

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

You will have lots to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Can you share the company names behind these drugs? Does the trial have a NCT number? Where have you had regression from? thanks for sharing!

CraigG
    Participant

The study nurse verified that this particular study is closed. And the following was correct:

From NCI website:

NCT01390818

EMD Serono, Incorporated

Sanofi-Aventis United Kingdom

Rebecca Suk Heist Principal Investigator

If you google the specific drugs, like SAR245409, there appears to be a lot of info on it.

I don’t know anything else about the specific drugs.

–cg

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.