Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV decision time

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mazz75
    Participant

Hello catherine

I would like to know if the Trametinib and Dafrabenib have been approved in Europe as single agents?

My sister was ned on Zelboraf for almost a year and 7 weeks ago 2 brain mets were discovered which were sucessfully removed 2 weeks ago. Her oncologist is very happy with her fast recovery and he ordered a new set of scans for next week.

He is of the opinion that Zelboraf is still working and she should continue with Zelboraf.

From what I read Trametinib and Dafrabenib work better than Zelboraf on the brain.

Catherine what is your opinion?

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

You do get an added bonus with the MEK addition and if she is responding to Zelboraf she should also respond to the BRaf/Mek combination. I know it is approved in the UK, not sure of Europe’s status. There is a study that shows this combo does have some positive response for brain mets but in a small study. There are many PD1 trials in Europe, have you checked them out?

mazz75
    Participant

Hello Catherine

We asked about the Anti Pd1 trial and he said that sinse she has been already 7 weeks off treatment and she has to wait an other 8 to 12 weeks from the operation, it would not be a good idea to stay so long with out any form of treatment. However they will take the final decision when the scan results are ready.

Regarding the Braf – Mek combo its fine they are approved in UK since she is being treated at The Royal Marsden. Can these be prescribed together in UK?

regards

Maggie

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I don’t quite understand the waiting period if her mets are stable. As far as I know both drugs, braf/mek are approved in UK.

mazz75
    Participant

Her oncologist said she has to wait from 8 to 12 weeks from the operation, I cannot understand it either. Is that normal? Next week she has full body scans and they will decide from there. I am constantly praying for her , its so frustrating.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.