Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV DEDN6526a press release (the promising ADC drug)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Sadly, I’m hearing that the pharma will not be continuing with this drug research. It has been very promising for so many. Perhaps another company will continue with it.

lindamg
    Participant

Catherine,

That is interesting to hear, and I had been wondering about that. It seems it would be good in a combination trial to provide tumor shrinkage with something like anti-PD-1.

Linda

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

So the ADC is back in trial at Sarah Cannon. Here’s the link to their trials:

http://sarahcannonresearch.com/for-patients/search-clinical-trials/melanoma.dot

I had discussions with Genentech and Dr. Infante at ASCO this past June and at the time it looked like it would be discontinued. But got the word a day ago it was back in trial. I hope maybe it will be looked at for a combination drug. It was working well on some patients, including ocular patients.

rochelle
    Participant

Good morning Catherine,

just to chime in on ADC…my oncologist told me recently that she was working on getting an ADC trial up and running @ NYU…she did not say when this trial would launch…but it sounded like sometime in the near future…Dr. Pavlick had been a researcher on ADC and always thought it had potential…and for some of us..ADC could be a viable plan “B”…

Martha

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Hold the optimism: Although Genentech says this is ongoing, clinicaltrials.gov shows it not recruiting but ongoing. I hope to get more answers this week.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.