Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II Derm appt. tomorrow/ cyst on scar

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    BigRed1984
    Participant

well, after a long wait I finally have my appointment with the dermatologist tomorrow. I am a little nervous. I am getting a skin check and a possible basal cell on my cheek looked at. Also, I noticed the other day that there is a red bump on my WLE, it feels kind of hot, tender and firm and there appears to be a center to it. Sebaceous cyst? I hope so. My appointment is a 8:30 a.m. which is prime morning sickness time. Wish me luck!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

It could be an infected stitch. I had that happen. I highly doubt it is anything of great concern. Let us know how your appt. goes!

wpatterson4
    Participant

Probably (in the extreme) nothing.

toastwave
    Participant

Prob. nothing! I had a small mole recur on my WLE and when I went in to check it out the doc. said there was a lump underneath (what?!?!). It turned out to be a stitch that was making its way out over a year later. He said he has seen stitches that were supposed to disolve form cysts or granulomas years (actually he said one patient of his had it happen over 5 years later) after their WLEs so it is prob. nothing! Good luck! Hope you are over the morning sickness hump soon.

HoolieB
    Participant

Catherine Poole wrote:

It could be an infected stitch. I had that happen. I highly doubt it is anything of great concern. Let us know how your appt. goes!

+1 on Catherine’s input. After getting over the gross-out factor of it, it was SO cool to have a sub-q stitch make its way out — kind of a like a scene in a sci-fi movie.

Most importantly, good luck!!

BigRed1984
    Participant

Great news, Every thing is fine! I have several spots of sebaceous hyperplasia, not basal cell cancer. And the spot on my scar line is a cyst as well. Thanks for the support! I feel so relieved, I can relax and enjoy my pregnancy for a bit now.

HoolieB
    Participant

Great news!!

Jenni
    Participant

Wonderful news!!! Yes, now enjoy that pregnancy! :)

pakerjon
    Participant

informative post.. thanks for sharing it..

:) 8-)

bpowers
    Participant

This made me feel so much better. I am almost 1 year post WLE surgery. All along my surgeon has been telling me I had scar tissue at the end of the WLE site. At my follow up Tuesday, he decided it is a cyst’ and lets remove it sooner rather then later. I am having it removed today, 2 days later. I am nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof. After reading this post though, I feel much better. :D

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.