• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cohanja
    Participant

How much has diet been proven to cause or prevent this disease? I hear a lot about avoiding sugar, red meat, etc. . . so if I have a candy bar or bowl of ice cream I feel guilty like I’m increasing the chances of recurrence or another primary or something. But, is that even real/proven?

scienceteacher89
    Participant

Hi there,

You may want to search some studies that are showing a link between foods and reducing or preventing cancers. Two things that are really interesting me are Vitamin D-3 and Turmeric. You may want to investigate and see what you think.

Worrywart
    Participant

I eat ice cream every night, and I’m not willing to give it up!

scienceteacher89
    Participant

Just sprinkle some tumeric instead of sprinkles! lol

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

The tumeric connection was only if you consumed a lot of it, and then it was only a mouse study. The Vitamin D studies however provide real evidence of improving immune function. The rest I haven’t seen compelling data on,especially the sugar business. Everything in moderation is a good motto, and I would avoid the commercially farmed products, especially meat. Try to buy locally and organic.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.