Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Dr. Keith Flaherty or Dr. Judd Wolchock?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jen_P
    Participant

My husband was recently diagnosed before Thanksgiving with Stage IV Melanoma. We are looking at obtaining another opinion. We live in Kansas City but are willing to travel. I was told that Dr. Keith Flaherty at Boston Mass and Dr. Judd Wolchok at Sloan Kettering are excellent. If you are a patient of theirs, can you please let me know what you think about them? Thanks!

BNP68
    Participant

Jen,

I’m not a patient of either of those two but you can’t go wrong with either one of those guys. I think Dr. Flaherty actually responds on this board from time to time.

I don’t know this to be fact or not but one thing that could be an advantage with Dr. Wolchock is that it seems like MSK has access to a LOT of trials. I don’t recall where Dr. Flaherty is located but that’s one thing you may want to consider. Otherwise, like I said they are two of the best.

Brian

MathewR
    Participant

Agree with Brian. I saw Wolchok for a second opinion a few months after diagnosis. Tough to get the appointment, but well worth the meeting.

jeff77
    Participant

Probably cannot go wrong but as a patient of Jedd’s who has recommended him to many others, I can without question or reservation tell you that if my life or someone I love was on the line with melanoma and I had one doctor to consult it would be Jedd Wolchok. Not only does he see as many or more patients as any other melanoma oncologist, but he has a bedside manner that is without equal in my opinion. He is action oriented, optimistic / positive without being unrealistic or Pollyanna. He is as knowledgeable and cutting edge as anyone out there. He knows how to explain treatments and science in a way that patients and caregivers can understand. He is patient, kind, super responsive and treats each patient as if it were a member of his own family. Bottom line, Jedd is like Catherine Poole – an angel put on this earth to help people.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.