Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II Energy Efficient Light Bulbs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dk06
    Participant

Have you guys seen some of the articles on these? I remember reading one about the exposure to mercury if one was broken, but had not thought of the uv radiation. Kindy scary. I may be looking at led bulbs when I can no longer find the old fashioned kind.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/12/13/energy-efficient-lightbulbs-could-pose-uv-risk-to-skin-trigger-migraines/

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Fox News is not a very reliable source and I’m not sure I buy this study. I do know the mercury, though small, is hazardous and these bulbs need to be carefully recycled and NOT thrown in the trash or broken. As for the light from them?? Let me see some more evidence.

HeatFire
    Participant

UVA is strongest from incadecent and Halogen. (some CFL might have higher)

UVB from CFL but its very little from 100cm.

i personally only buy covered CFL or LED.. now 99% of my lights are LED.

All i found that really was against it concerning UV was UVC light.

wpatterson4
    Participant

I’ve only watched Fox News a few times, so I really don’t know much about it, other than the fact that they produce a few interview shows with a Republican bent. However, I think it’s a little unrealistic to think of Fox as being equivalent to Weekly World News because you don’t like the Republicans. Not all topics are political.

Also, other news outlets, such as CNN (which is where I get a lot of my news), shade any and every political story with a left-wing veil.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I searched for another source on this story and couldn’t find any, so I tend to discount it. Not making a political statement, sorry..just looking for verification. I distrust most of the news outlets as being so quick to make something bigger out of a simple story, CNN among them. (CNN had it all wrong about the bombing at the Boston Marathon) So I don’t watch the news!

wpatterson4
    Participant

You should read the news, Ms. Poole. After all, you might miss out on the zillionth article that presents Ray Kurzweil’s twenty year old predictions as shocking new revelations. Come to think of it, maybe most news outlets are a lot like tabloids after all.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.