• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mrscoleman10111
    Participant

I had stage 1 melanoma removed from my right breast in ’11, since then I have took much caution with all other moles. After doing quarterly check ups all through 2012 there has been nothing that has come up. Well this morning i took a notice at a mole that I have been keeping up with and hasn’t changed at all, and noticed that it has faded on the outskirts about 2 shades lighter! I’m freaked out a good bit about this! The middle is still slightly darker brown, but the rest has clearly faded! My derm office is closed on Fridays so I will have to wait till Tuesday because of memorial day. I will also mention that I am 11 weeks pregnant and realize that moles can change while pregnant. I’m just trying to see if anyone else has had this happen before! Thanks!!

Mrscoleman10111
    Participant

Sorry I meant Labor Day!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

This doesn’t sound like an alarming change. You’ve been watched carefully over time, so even if it is anything, it would be caught early. Try not to guess at this, but do get it checked next week. Try to enjoy your weekend and not spend it worrying. We can only control the present moment, so try to do that..

Mrscoleman10111
    Participant

Thank you Catherine. I went to doctor on Tuesday and she also didn’t seem too alarmed but I told her to take it anyway. I never felt comfortable with that mole, so better it just be gone. I am waiting for a call with results. They said they should be in today. Happy thoughts!

Worrywart
    Participant

It was probably regressing – I’m betting it was minimally atypical. The body likes the eat the atypicals!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II’ is closed to new topics and replies.