Home Forums Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II Family Vacation to the Caribbean: Any Sun Safety Tips?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    cohanja
    Participant

I want to point out with excisional biopsies. . and please correct me if I’m wrong. . but a large initial excision can disrupt the local lymphatic drainage and can affect further lymphangiogram-directed lymphnode dissection

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Haven’t seen that in the scientific literature. Can you direct me to that?

cohanja
    Participant

Narrow excisional biopsy is the most complete method of biopsy, without excessively compromising future wider excision or disrupting lymphatic drainage if sentinel lymph node biopsy proves to be indicated

http://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/759464_3

toastwave
    Participant

Margaritas under real shade (read not palm tree shade because it lets UV through) during the mid-day hours and sunscreen, rash guard, and/or t-shirt with UV protection btw. 10-4 if you will do some swimming- remember to reapply sunscreen every hour. Before and after, enjoy your freedom! We were there 2.5 months ago and had a blast visiting family and feeling real heat in the middle of the winter!

lazysujan
    Participant

This is really a good topic that are being discuss. But I have a question that amazon can I use this visiting any other country?

toastwave
    Participant

Definitely! Actually, it is prob. a great idea to have any clothing that you will be wearing if you will be out for more than a bit between 10-4 treated with this stuff. I would think particularly during the 12-2 stretch. So, I’d imagine that would be useful in more northern latitudes including wherever you live. After all, the sun that caused the original damage was not in the Caribbean :). I’ve been meaning to get some of that since I spend a lot of time outdoors and regular clothes do not offer complete protection. Right now I sunscreen and reapply but it is a pain! Let us know how it works for you.

sam_b
    Participant
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II’ is closed to new topics and replies.