Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV fever on Keytruda

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lak1
    Participant

Ok since the last infusion of Keytruda(no 6) I have had a fever at the same time 1800 to 2000. At first it was low grade for 1 weeks then Xmas night it was 38 and has been 38 every night since.

When i had ipi I had colitis and i had fever of 38 between 2200 and 2am we thought that was the gut allowing bacteria access to blood stream. However now I am just wondering whether it is an immune thing.

So the symptoms i have are a really stuffy runny nose since 14 Dec – and that s it. CT of chest did not show pneumonitis but it did show some lung lesions had shrunk a little more

My CRP has risen from 9 since starting Keytruda to 38 but nothing else.

Anyone else had these daily fevers with Keytruda?

I am concerned as I feel sure there is a reason not yet found and it will not be good.

Lesley

rochelle
    Participant

Lesley,

I started Keytruda in July…the day after my first infusion I was having lunch with a friend when I began to shiver. Now it’s the middle of July and very warm outside. I was so cold I had to go sit in my very warm car. I called my oncologist the next day to report how I had been feeling and was told this was very common with Keytruda. Now I pre and post treat right before and after treatment with tylenol and benadryl and haven’t had a problem since…hope this helps..

Martha

lak1
    Participant

Marha thanks for the reply

I have been taking Tylenol for the fevers since they started but I did not do it before the infusion.

Do you just take the 2 doses- ?

are you responding?

I already take Benadryl once a day antihistamine for itch ( cetirizine ) but I take it twice daily to control the itch and rash.

You just have the 2 doses?

Lesley

rochelle
    Participant

Hi Lesley,

..just the two doses…just before I get treatment and then before I go to bed the day of treatment. According to my oncologist a fever is the immune system’s response to the Keytruda which isn’t a bad thing. I am responding. No new lesions and some regression of existing lesions and all else is rock solid stable. I actually had a sub-q lesion on the left side of my face that grew very large and then just about disappeared…it was amazing to watch…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.