Home Forums For Caregivers Only Finding Courage To Continue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Lost my beloved last night. It all seems surreal. But I have gathered much experience in advocacy I never knew existed! I could start a whole different advocacy group for Lewy Body Dementia with the experience I gained. But it is not time for that now. I do urge others to be strong and stick up for your loved one’s comfort! Use palliative care early on. Don’t save it for the end. Patients need to be comfortable always as much as possible day one. There are so many I’ve seen who had no advocate and it saddens me. I will be doing some hard thinking on how this could be improved. I feel closer than ever to all of you caregivers, and know your pain and spiritual weariness very well. It is the courage to continue that counts!

Anonymous

I’m sorry Catherine.

Jeff

DickK
    Participant

Oh Catherine, I am so very sorry to read this, I find myself at a loss for words.

Dick

Jonathan
    Participant

Dear Catherine,

I know this was a long and very hard time coming, and I’m sure you feel a great loss. But you must also know you did everything you could to alleviate his struggle.

Take care,

Jonathan

PhillyRed
    Participant

Catherine, I am so sorry for your loss.

Bella4444
    Participant

So sorry Catherine, make sure to take care of yourself in this devastating time.

Lots of hugs to you xo

marta010
    Participant

Catherine – I’m so sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you and your family and I hope that memories of better times will comfort you. Take care.

Ann

marti
    Participant

Dear Catherine,

My heart goes out to you – I am so, so sorry for your loss. If advocay could have helped your husband, he would be alive.

Sometimes words cannot express feelings, I truly hope you can find the strength to find a way to cope with this loss

Kind Regards Martina Rooijakkers

point30
    Participant

Catherine.

I am so sorry for your loss. All the best to you and your family during this difficult time.

CelineJouvet
    Participant

In moments like this it is when you have to be stronger and move on. I encourage everyone!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Facing your grief and loss is tough but shouldn’t be avoided. If you feel sad, so be it. Cry if you want to as crying can be healing. Don’t look to depressants such as alcohol to heal you, it only makes things worse. Talk to someone, a therapist is always a good idea if you can find a good one. I wish this was covered more often by insurance. Your mind and body are very connected so take good care of yourself.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘For Caregivers Only’ is closed to new topics and replies.