Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV ? for those who’ve had more than 2 rds Ipi

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nan
    Participant

Was it hard to get approval for 3rd course of Ipi. If so what was your course of action?

Thanks,

Nan

cheris
    Participant

I had all 4 infusions of Ipi with no insurance problems. Each infusion brought on some different side effects, but was manageable. I did end up on steroids for 6 weeks after the 4th infusion. Good luck.

Cheris

Nan
    Participant

Hi Cheris,

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I am looking for folks who have had two courses (4 infusions each course) for a total of 8 infusions. I’m trying to get approved for my 3rd course (4 infusions).

I was surprised to see your name as I have a niece who is named Cheris.

dkmc
    Participant

Don had two rounds of Ipi. He was a total responder after first round. After 13 months had mets to colon. After colon resection no problems getting second round. Now NED for his longest period yet @ 18 months with a clear PET last week. My understanding is if it reoccurs he will not qualify for round 3. He would then probably go to anti PD1 drug. Karen

Nan
    Participant

Thanks, Karen….I’m so happy to hear of Don’s response, that’s great. I have been stable for 30 months on my last course, but a couple of peritoneal mets have started to progress. I have ocular melanoma and I’m hearing there has been very little success with anti-pd1 in ocular melanoma. Since I’ve had such great success on Yervoy, I’m hoping my doctor can convince them to allow me to have my 3rd course.

Nan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.