Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II Free Book on Melanoma co/authored by me/melanoma expert

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

We would love to send you a free book that explains everything you want to know about melanoma, all of our services are free at MIF and we are the only organization that actually provides funding to patients so they can travel to clinical trials. If you are interested in getting a copy go the following URL and scroll down: http://melanomainternational.org/web-resources/the-melanoma-book/

wpatterson4
    Participant

Where might I purchase this free book????

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

We’d love to send you one free and I’ll autograph it specially for you! Haven’t heard from you in quite a while!

wpatterson4
    Participant

Thanks! I’ll put in an order for one. I look forward to reading it.

I still stop by frequently. There seems to be a lull in activity on this particular board, so I have fewer opportunities to jump in. I guess that means that some of your stage 1 veterans, Cohan in particular, have learned to deal with their anxiety a little better, so it can’t be all bad. Maybe I have, too. Perhaps I should take a cue from the others and try to help out the newly diagnosed.

Thanks for starting this site. It’s been the best source of support I’ve had since my diagnosis.

cohanja
    Participant

I don’t know that I’m really dealing with it any better, I still think about it every day and it causes stress for sure. And every time I see another story (on MPIP) of someone who was Stage 1 years ago that now has advanced, it makes me really upset (for them and for myself, thinking when will the other shoe drop?). But it is what it is I guess.

cohanja
    Participant

There was another person, Bon I think. . who I apparently reminded people of. . I don’t see them posting much either anymore. . don’t know if that means handling it better or just not posting as much anymore but still stressing

wpatterson4
    Participant

That was quick. Ever heard of someone’s “ears burning” when other people talk about them? What’s the equivalent for when people type about you?

I’m definitely not out of the woods yet psychologically. I’m starting to get the impression that the woods go on forever. I think about it every day, too. Instead of forgetting all about it, as some people apparently do, I guess I’ve just learned to live around it more effectively.

cohanja
    Participant

It sucks when every ache, pain, headache. . .makes me wonder if it’s melanoma

wpatterson4
    Participant

That’s the one area in which I’ve actually made real progress. I’ve had so many false alarms that I’ve learned not to think every weird feeling is metastatic melanoma. It’s as if I felt obliged to think every minor ache was metastatic melanoma and that I would be struck down for my arrogance if I didn’t. I guess grave situations make us a little superstitious. I know it could spread, so there’s really no need to believe that every ailment is melanoma related. It still crosses my mind, though.

cohanja
    Participant

I also hate the cases where it comes back 10, 15, 20, 20+ years later. . .there is never a “finally out of the woods” with this disease, so it truly will worry me for the rest of my life, however long I live

wpatterson4
    Participant

I hear you.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

well think about my case, 26 years out Cohanja. I was pretty high risk too, so remember that. I worry more about the way folks drive these days!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.