Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Gary saw the oncologist today

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mrs_Ras
    Participant

I take pictures of Gary’s skin mets every two weeks. I took in a picture I took on May 26 so the onc could compare it to now. The mets haven’t decreased any and he’s developed a few small ones around the clusters. The onc finally wants him to have a CT scan this week (the first one since May 1). Gary goes back next Tuesday. The onc says if the CT shows no spread then he’ll stay on the Zelboraf but will increase it back to 960 mg twice a day. If it shows the mel has spread internally he’s suggesting Yervoy. Gary has a huge fear of needles so we don’t know how this is going to work.

We’re still trying to stay as positive as possible.

Valerie

Shirley Z
    Participant

Hi Valerie,

I’ll be praying for good CT results for Gary. How is he feeling?

Shirley Z

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

We do have patients who are trying the two therapies at the same time. It is all new, but I would reassure your husband that perhaps that will be the route to go as they both work differently against the melanoma. Hope things go smoothly for you both. Let us know.

Mrs_Ras
    Participant

Shirley,

Thank you for asking about him. He took two Ativan about 3 hours ago so right now he’s asleep. Overall he is doing well. He said he feels great, he just wishes he had more energy. He’s trying his best to stay with his good spirits, that just maybe the positive attitude we both have will reflect in the results of the latest scan done today.

Catherine,

I will ask his onc about the two therapies together. Thank you for letting me know. And Catherine, if it weren’t for people like you then people like me & Gary would be completely lost. I big thank you to everyone on here. Y’all so deeply about everyone affected, it means so much to a lot of folks!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.