• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Cecelia
    Participant

Margaret was first diagnosed in March, five years ago, with metastatic disease with no primary site. She was immediately stage four, and she was not expected to reach this date. Today, she is on no treatment and is better than she has been in the last three years. She still has several small sites, but she is totally asymptomatic and totally herself, enjoying the return of colour on the birds in the backyard. I share this just to share the immense hope there is in this field right now–it wasn’t there five years ago.

lak1
    Participant

Wonderful thanks for sharing- did she have any treatment?

Lesley

Cecelia
    Participant

Oh yes. Three surgeries, radiation to brain and spine, temozolamide, interferon, ipi and zelboraf. All worth it.

pati
    Participant

I Love your post, to remind us these treatments are there to help us stay alive BUT it is up to us to do the living with or without treatment, I am sooooo loooking forward to spring over here in Brussels they are already selling strawberries at the market but it is grey and cold and rainy….

Let the sunshine get here too,

Pati

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

And it has been a long winter here in Pennsylvania, a lot of very grey days! The snowdrops are blooming and I check them out daily. All of you are so special to share your thoughts here and I feel privileged to read them. Thank you.

colleen66
    Participant

Thank you for posting your great news. There is ALWAYS hope.

Colleen

dkmc
    Participant

Good news!!! I love hearing it & knowing there actually IS good news out there too. Gotta go through a lot to get there but it does happen. Thanks for the smile you have sent our way…Karen

Dick_K
    Participant

Thanks for posting. It is always great to read of these stories.

DIck

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.