Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Good News: Amendment coming to BMS Pd1

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Currently you can only have two prior therapies for the phase III BMS PD1 trial. This is in the process of being amended globally so you may have more than 2 priors. To find out more, call the clinical trial coordinator of the trial you want to enroll in.

crburton28
    Participant

Amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Sara
    Participant

This could just be the news I’ve been waiting for!

bettin
    Participant

Good news!!

Sandalwood36
    Participant

That’s great news! Now if they’d only remove the exclusion for people with brain mets…

Bob is still waiting for an appt for brain radiation setup. He had the simulation a week ago, and the mets were discovered 2 weeks ago. Apparently the “machine” is over booked. This is insane. While he waits, all mets continue to grow, and anti pd1 trial gets further away (2 month brain met stabilization).

Has anyone else experienced such a delay in receiving radiation treatment?

I wonder if the machine would be available sooner if it was a docs family member that was waiting? or perhaps a wealthy patient?

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Can you switch providers? I would look into traveling elsewhere for the radiation.

Sara
    Participant

So after a month of looking around and many emails and decisions and after a long discussion with my fabulous Oncologist, I now have a plan, which is to wait for the BMS pd1 trial to open up to more than 2 previous lines of treatment, which as Catherine reported is happening, it should be totally rolled out and ready to go in 6-8 weeks and I am good to wait until then. Then all I need is for luck to be on my side and get allocated to the pd1 arm of the trial rather than the chemo arm!

bettin
    Participant

This is GREAT news, Catherine!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.