Home Forums For Caregivers Only Good news with Zelboraf

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jmmm
    Participant

I just wanted to share some good news…my husband has been on Zelboraf since October 2011. He just had his 8 month MRI and CT scan…his brain is clear and he’s down to 2 tiny tumors in his belly. Each scan gets better and better (after his 2 month scan, he had mixed results and almost stopped Zelboraf). We are so grateful he kept with it. Not sure how long this will last, but we’re enjoying each and every day of it!

1 question for those who have been longer term responders to Zelboraf….did you have Yervoy before? We just wonder if somehow the two drugs are working together to give him such a good response. We are so hopeful that he continues to respond for many more months.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing your good news and I hope it continues. Mixing Yervoy and Zelboraf is in a trial, but no one knows quite how the two will interact. But if you read Sylvia’s posts, it is working well for her partner. I can only wish the same in your situation. Let us know..

Mrs_Ras
    Participant

Glad to hear the good news!

altonsuny
    Participant

Nice post. I like it. Thanks for sharing these information. Keep it up. :)

jmmm
    Participant

14 months and counting! Body scans are still NED and Brain is clear. He is battling radiation induced necrosis in his brain and is on steroids and anti-seizure meds (yuck)! Steroids and anti-seizure meds are causing osteoperosis (kind of funny, since he’s 39). Side effects from zelboraf are less now…still joint aches and sun sensitivity, but that’s about it. We know it won’t last forever, but try to enjoy each day the best we can. Not sure what the next step will be, but we just hope we’ll make the right choice when necessary.

dkmc
    Participant

I love good news! I too pray that each scan he gets continues with good news. Hope your holidays are filled with happiness & love. Karen

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘For Caregivers Only’ is closed to new topics and replies.