Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Good scans/need advice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Maureen038
    Participant

My husband just had scans and there are no new nodules in his lungs. He had two nodules grow a few mm and two nodules shrink a few mm. He has been off medicine since his third infusion of ipi/nivolumbab the first week of December. He developed hemolytic anemia and as of three weeks ago is completely off steroids. His hemoglobin level is now 11.6. We are waiting to hear if he can start the maintenance stage of nivolumbab every two weeks.

My question is because he is negative for PD1 expression and if the drug doesn’t work, what is left to try. He is Braf negative with no other mutations. He has had HD interferon and the ACT at NIH. Any advice would be very welcomed!

Maureen

rochelle
    Participant

Wishing your husband the best Maureen. Having searched out some info on PD1 and PDL as well, there is a percentage of patients who respond to both drugs regardless whether or not they carry the antigen for anti pd1 or the ligand for PDL. In addition, the docs don’t have any idea how long a patient may continue to respond to Yervoy…having no new lesions and some slight reduction in lesions is great news! Please don’t rule out PD1 because he doesn’t carry the antigen…if he can access it…he should strongly consider taking a course of it.

Good luck,

Martha

Maureen038
    Participant

Thanks Martha for your support! It’s such a scary journey we are on and it helps to have advice. Hopefully, we will find out soon if he can continue the trial and we will definitely have him take nivolumbab and hope for the best. I’m just trying to figure out a plan b in case it doesn’t work.

Maureen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.