Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Great scan results!!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Maureen038
    Participant

My husband is in the phase 1 BMS ipi3mg/kg and nivolumbab 1mg/kg. After his third infusion, he developed hemolytic anemia due to the ipi. He didn’t get the fourth infusion and has been on steroids for almost a month. We were so scared about the scans, but we received such wonderful news. There was nothing new, but more importantly his lung nodules have shrunk almost 50 percent!!! Yesterday, we were at UPMC with Dr. Kirkwood and probably due to the steroids his glucose level was very high and he had to have 2 shots of insulin. He needs to see an endocrinologist now. He can’t be on the maintenance phase of the nivolumbab until the steroid use is discontinued. We are still very thankful and we wish everyone the best!

Maureen

Jahendry12
    Participant

Hi Maureen – I know I already responded on the MPIP site, but wanted to say thanks for sharing the great news!!!! There is hope for all people fighting Stage 4 melanoma. Along with setbacks, we need to celerate the victories!

Julie

Maureen038
    Participant

Thanks Julie! I appreciate your support!! I hope all is well with you.

Maureen

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Wonderful news Maureen. I hope it continues to be good news for both of you. Keep in touch.

Maureen038
    Participant

Thanks Catherine for all of your support!! You have helped so many people and we are very grateful.

Maureen

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.