Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV GSK dabrafenib+trametinib compassionate use for brain mets!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    PentiumIV
    Participant

Well’ I would like to say AWESOME thanks to my oncology team at Tel Hashomer (aka Sheba) Hospital, Israel. The Ella Institute for research and treatment of melanoma is definitely awesome!

Prof. Jacob Shachter created a great team that does a lot of work on melanoma (both signal transducers and mainly immunotherapy research and treatment).

My name is Gregory Pribush, and I work for Intel (hence the nick). I was diagnosed with StageIII melanoma by Prof. Eithan Shiloni (he was trained by Steven Rosenberg at NCI) in August 2011 and he removed the initial tumour under left armpit (4 lymph nodes positive). I was referred by him to Ella Institute in Tel Hashomer for further treatment. Underwent adjuvant radiation+ high-dose interferon.

On september, 2012 I was diagnosed with a solitary brain tumor and since then underwent craniotomy and 3 SRS radio surgeries, but the disease keeps spreading. Thanks to the real hard work of Prof. Jacob Schachter I’ve got GSK combo for compassionate use !!!!! Let’s see how the stuff goes on, but who doesn’t fight doesn’t win!

All the best!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

We’re all hoping this works well for you! You are quite fortunate to get this by compassionate use. This rarely happens. Keep in touch.

NYKaren
    Participant

Gregory, what terrific news. Please keep us posted.

Be well,

Karen

PentiumIV
    Participant

Just got the first MRI scan results after initiating combo. Apparently it is working!!!! Yesterday done CT scan and will visit my oncology team on 8th. Today removed a nevus( obviously it was sent for biopsy). Let’s see how everything goes.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Thanks for the update. Happy to get your good news. Keep in touch.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.