Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Happy New Year!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    erinmay22
    Participant

I wanted to take a moment and wish everyone a happy new year! hopefully it was great!

I shared this with some other folks – but wanted to share it here also. As I was getting together an update for my blog on what 2012 was for me – I decided to put together a little video with pictures from the year – the good and the bad.

http://youtu.be/1Q0-rGIlcl8

I thought it was an important reminder that even though I had Melanoma come back – I still had a pretty awesome year! and in a few weeks it will have been 2 years since I found out I was stage 4. I went to Thailand for a cousin’s wedding and then Scotland and London for the Olympics (along with trips to visit friends around the US). Was able to experience more of what NYC has to offer with attending my first St Patrick’s Day and Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parades.

I did have to have a blood transfusion in May and that’s when I found out I had a small intestine met growing (along with some lymph nodes). Started Zelboraf end of May. Had horrible side effects (and got a reduced dose). Sept showed it wasn’t working anymore and I had a 7+cm tumor removed from my small intestine and started Ipi. Dec scans showed Ipi wasn’t working (at least on the lymph node still there – but blessed everything else was clear!).

So here is to hoping that 2013 is my year (and we get closer to a cure for everyone!) and that the anti-pd1 will do the trick! 3rd times a charm right?

Cheers!

Erin

http://www.melanomaandthecity.blogspot.com

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Thanks Erin for sharing this! We really appreciate you here and wish you all the best!

erinmay22
    Participant

Thanks Catherine! I really appreciate you and everyone here and wanted to remind some folks who may be new to this battle that you can still keep living life :)

Here’s hoping pd1 will be my ticket! :) So ready to meet with the new team already!

msue5
    Participant

Loved your video Erin. I hope 2013 is your year.

Mary Sue

Shirley Z
    Participant

Hi Erin,

I enjoyed your video. It is definitely proof that you have not let melanoma bring you down. That’s what I always expect from our Erin.

Hoping 2013 brings you nothing but good news.

Shirley Z

erinmay22
    Participant

Thanks Shirley and Mary Sue! I hope 2013 is off to a great start for you guys!

I’ll keep you posted on how the meetings with the trial docs go next week! Anxious to get going! In the mean time, still having some odd side effects… I feel like my body is all out of whack from surgery and treatments! My poor scalp is breaking out and sore :( Luckily I have an awesome derm who takes care of me pretty quickly!

I’m tempted to see a naturopath and make sure all my mineral and vitamin levels are in line!

I also decided to finally talk with the social worker at sloan for other suggestions on how to deal with anxiety and stress. It got really bad while waiting for my last set of results!

Here’s to good 2013!

Gilly
    Participant

Boy Erin – you’ve really packed it in to 2012 – I hope you can do as much once the anti pd1 kicks in and that it lets you live as full a life as last year – I particularly liked the lovely dogs – dont they just make your day brighter !!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Gilly,

I was going to say the same thing! I love the dogs. I know mine make my day brighter, they are always in a good mood and love me unconditionally!

erinmay22
    Participant

Thanks guys! Yes my dogs do help. Although sometimes they add to my stress ;). Lol! But they are always happy to see me! I’ve had the lab almost 10 years!

Have a great weekend!

Erin

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.