Home Forums For Caregivers Only Happy New Year to all of you

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bettin
    Participant

Dear all,

a Happy New Year to all of you!

For us, Christmas and New Year weren’t easy as it was the first time without Peter- I think occasions like these will remain difficult for a while. Despite, I am astonished at how we seem to be able to cope….there will always be this hole in our lives where Peter was and I don’t think it will ever stop hurting but in a way I can’t really explain, it makes me rather more than less grateful for the things that are good in my life- and there are plenty!

To all of you hope and strength in 2013!

Bettina

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Thank you Bettina for these thoughtful words of wisdom. The holidays are difficult for many of us, especially where family situations aren’t the best, whether it be loss or dysfunction. I too, am grateful for many blessings.

dkmc
    Participant

Bettina,

I know this first Christmas was hard for you all but you are so right – how very sweet life seems when you have faced so much. I am finally learning- is that the right word? – to just love each day the best I can. We have so much to be grateful for in our family & for the first time since Don’s diagnosis I am just grateful for what we have been blessed with. Later on I may need to rant & rave but for now just steady & calm enough to enjoy. Bless you & your family & for helping me to be thankful for the good things that are happening now.

Karen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘For Caregivers Only’ is closed to new topics and replies.