Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Health Insurance Marketplace Open enrollment again

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

From November 15th to February 15, 2015 you can apply and enroll: http://www.HealthCare.gov

No it isn’t popular with some, but it is here to stay with an eventual 25 million enrolled.

msue5
    Participant

Definitely not popular but I have found that the people against it already have Insurance. I worked as a nurse and saw sub standard care given to non insured patients. The changes to their care were very subtle and the average person might not notice these changes.The first order of business was how to get these people out of the hospital as fast as they could. BTW we were already paying for their care by higher medical costs. I know there are kinks to work out but imagine being a Cancer patient with no Insurance. I can’t and feel very fortunate to not have financial worries on top of Melanoma. The phrase “Walk a Mile in my shoes” fits perfect here. The hospital I worked for was a non profit but has changed since to a for profit hospital.

Mary Sue

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.