Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV HELP! Big decision point…..

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tmlovett
    Participant

Hi All,

I’m new to this forum but am in desperate need of information and experiences of others to help guide my decision. I have stage IV melanoma and have not responded to 2 rounds of Ipi (yervoy) and 1 of radiation and all this after more surgeries than I can count. My docs want me to do the PD1 trial starting in CO, but with the bad luck I’ve had throughout my treatment I know I’d get the chemo arm of the study…… If I don’t do the PD1 trial I’m more or less out of luck…… Help!?!? Thoughts?!?! Suggestions?!?!

thank you :)

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Which PD1 trial are you looking at? The Merck trial allows crossover if you get chemo and don’t respond. The BMS does not allow crossover. Some of the Merck trials are being amended in the near future (month or two) to not have the chemo component. Both BMS and Merck trial have good odds for you getting PD1, 3 to 1 ratio. Tell me more about the trial you are signing up for and I will try to guide you further.

tmlovett
    Participant

They trial where I live is the Merk Trial (TITLE: Randomized, Phase II Study of MK-3475 vs Chemo in Pts w/ advanced Melanoma, Protocol #: 002-00 MK-3475 to be exact). This study has 3 arms – 2 PD1 options and then the Chemo option. The PD1 doses are 2mg/kg or 10mg/kg and then chemo is one of 4 that my doctor can choose from.

If I do this I will likely have to have a Port placed because my veins are shot and they can never get blood or an IV anymore.

Thanks for your help!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Good luck and let us know how you are doing!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.