Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Help please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    angieg
    Participant

I have been successfully been treating my melanoma for 6 years with a variety of treatments. Most currently I have started yervoy for lung mets and a fem other scattered tumors. 3days ago it was discovered that I have about 10 brain mets. The neuro radiologist that will be doing the wbr said I my prognosis is only about a year. I am mad to say the least!!! My 6 yr old just a had a successful heart transplant and I am not ready to leave her!! I need advice on how best to fight this. I will go anywhere and do anything. Please help me :(

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I am so sorry to hear this news. The best advice I can offer is to make sure you are seeing a top notch radiologist for your therapy. I also wouldn’t listen to any dire predictions. Everyone is different and no one can predict your longevity. I will say we are all praying and thinking of you here and hope for the best possible outcome.

Shirley Z
    Participant

Hi,

I agree with Catherine about that statement. Every individual is different. I do not like stats.

I’m so happy to hear your little girl is doing well. I’ll be praying for both of you.

It sounds like you have a great attitude, and having your little one go through what she did makes you a family of fighters.

Stay strong!

Shirley Z

zephyr66
    Participant

Yes,

I would not listen to these predictions, either. My partner was told she had 4 to 6 months to live 8 months ago. She did IPI, zelobraf and an alternative treatment and they think she is NED now. she had a lung tumor 14cm, and spinal tumors in two different areas that were inoperable. Everyone is different and I think it’s easy to forget that stage 4 does not have 100% mortality.

Sylvia

LynnLuc
    Participant

I was given 6-9 months and the onc told my husband I would be lucky to make 6—-I have been stage 4 NED for over 2 years…stats are just numbers and we are people.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.