• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Abby
    Participant

have not been able to post since Sandy (stage 4) has died. She lived a few blocks from me. Was asked to speak at her funeral… Miss her and her support. I am having a rought moment tonight. Finally posting. Just brought the reality of this melanoma cancer battle to light again. It has been 22 months since being diagnosed for me… Was able to stick my head in the sand for a while.

just having a really rought night, month, few months.

no one gets this but us.. wish others could understand…

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Abby,

You are so right. We and our loved ones are the only ones that “get it.” Many think this is “just” skin cancer. But we know it can take its toll. I’m so sorry about your loss. I endure many in my work here and it never gets easier. Words to make you feel better are hard to come by but do know that with each passing day, the burden of grief does ease up. It may help to speak with a counselor too. Hang in there and keep in touch.

Linny
    Participant

I’m so sorry for your loss, Abby. You can rationalize things all you want but it doesn’t make the blow of losing a loved one easier. But you will pick up the shattered pieces, heal, and move on. You truly never stop missing them, you just get used it.

Abby
    Participant

Thank you to you both. I appreciate your kind words. In addition to my grief for the loss of my friend, her death is a poignant reminder to me that my own melanoma may recur. The fears that took almost 2 years to lessen, rear their ugly head again.

Hopefully time will heal once more.

Thank you again,

Abby

Anonymous

I’m sorry you have to go through this Abby.

The feelings will pass, though it may not seem that way.

We’ve all been there. You’re not alone.

Jeff

Shirley Z
    Participant

Hi Abby,

I know exactly how you feel. Over the years on this forum I have became friends with many people that have passed on. It is never easy. Time is the only healer. We never forget them and how they touched our lives.

I have had to take breaks at times also. Somehow I always end up coming back to the place where I have received so much love and support over the years.

Give yourself time to heal. Its a process.

Shirley Z

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Stage III’ is closed to new topics and replies.