Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II Hemp Seed Oil?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Icegurl470
    Participant

I read an article awhile back about a girl with a terminal brain tumor who was left with no other treatment options, so she started taking hemp seed oil capsules and her tumor started to shrink. I did a little research on hemp seed oil and found that a topical version could be affective in treating Melanoma, but was not convinced by the amount of research that had been done, so I kinda forgot about it. There’s been a lot of articles in the news recently about the possible cancer cell killing affects of cannabinoids and it got me wondering about the whole hemp seed oil thing again.. I think I speak for everyone when I say recurrence is one of my biggest fears and other than avoiding the sun there doesn’t seem to be a lot of prevention measures one can take to avoid recurrence. I’m big on all natural and holistic remedies and would honestly be interested in going into a dispensary and seeing what they have to offer in the way of topical remedies, but there’s still a lot of social stigma surrounding the whole medical marijuana thing and I’m honestly too afraid to talk to my doctor about it.. What do you guys think? Is it worth the judgmental embarrassment?

cohanja
    Participant

Recurrence is also one of my biggest fears. But I think avoiding the sun only helps prevent another primary, not a recurrence of the primary we already had. I don’t know any measures we can do to help, Tumeric supplements?, Vit D?,

Icegurl470
    Participant

I was actually diagnosed with a vitamin D deficiency when I was a teen, so I’ve been on 1000mg for quite a while. It’s apparently quite common where I live because of the long winters and lack of sun exposure (which begs one to wonder why I got Melanoma at such a young age in the first place!) But I also have a hypothyroid which went un-diognosed for quite a while, and I’ve heard that can affect your skin and make it more difficult to absorb Vitamin D.. I don’t know, I’ve been to the natural food and drug store we have here and they don’t seem to have any topical skin cancer remedies. They have stuff online that supposedly contains hemp seed oil but it also contains a whole bunch of other chemicals and just cant trust the stuff on the internet. I go organic whenever possible, so I would prefer pure hemp seed oil, which of course is derived from the marijuana plant seed, which, although legal where I come from, has to be prescribed from a doctor.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.