• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bella4444
    Participant

Hi everyone :D

I hope everyone has been kicking butt with their journeys!

Well I just thought I’d come back on and say it’s now been 2 years problem free since my diagnosis!

Wow how time flys! In the last year since my last check in we bought a house, a charming cottage in the country with fresh air and as many tulips as my heart sees fit to grow haha

My son turned 3, my grandfather passed from lung cancer, my aunty passed from complications after surgery and we have been debating whether or Not to try for another child….but scared it will cause some lurking cell to put me to stage 4.

How is everyone going? What’s some good news or happy moments you guys have had over the past year?

It’s the start of summer in Australia argghhh which means the uv is hitting 12! No gardening for me between 9.30am to 4.30pm, Alaska is looking quite nice at the moment haha

Anyways just a ramble, hope all is well with you all :) xox

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Thanks so much for this post! I just had a memorial for my husband died two years ago from Lewy Body Dementia. Holidays can be tough when you are dealing with an illness or have lost someone. I’m trying a lot of different meditations and taking care of me! I hope everyone here has found the resilience to enjoy the good moments!

Bella4444
    Participant

Hi Catherine!

Oh I’m sure it was a beautiful memorial, it is hard losing loved ones close to holidays but I think especially during these times they are with us.

My husbands grandmother just passed from dementia, it’s a rough and cruel disease for all involved.

Yes meditation and guided meditation have been a god send for me and that’s thanks to you! I remember two years ago you suggested that and I looked into and wow did it help!

I hope you enjoy Christmas and have a new year filled with happiness and health x

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, dementia is the cruelest of diseases since it effects the mind and body. I try to only remember the good times we had. I’m so happy meditation helped you. It is the only way I know to relax and clear the brain. Have a happy holiday and again, thanks for posting. It has been a bit slow here and we’re plagued by spam!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.