Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II Hope for advanced melanoma

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Camille
    Participant

Godd morning everyone. I did not post for a long time but keep reading☺It has now been 8 years since I was diagnosed with stage 1 melanoma. The good news is that my aunt is also still alive after 12 years and my uncle who had a nodular melanoma of 2.5 mm is doing extremely well after 8 years! Yesterday I read in the newspaper that 2 women were diagnosed at stage 3 and went in to stage 4. After receiving immunotherapy including interferon, interleukin2 and Yervoy they are alive after 10 years and no more sign of cancer. This is such good news and it will give hope to many patients. I also met a lot of people who told me they had melanoma and are alive after many years without any recurrence.

I am wondering if there are still risk of recurrences after 8 years and you never stop worrying but it does get better with time☺ I hope Shirley is doing well and I would love to send her photos of my little grand daughter. She helped me so much when I thought I would never see any of my grandchildren and so did Catherine. Now I have a second grand daughter on the way. My other daughter got married and is now living in Mauritius for a while. I was not too happy but it is only 3 hours away so getting use to it.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Hi Camille,

Good to hear from you. Shirley is busy with her grandchildren and I am with mine! They truly are an inspiration! Glad to hear you are doing well and thanks for checking in with us!

Camille
    Participant

Thanks Catherine. So happy to know you are both doing great. You helped me so much and I could have never done it without you and my wonderful dermatologist☺ I enjoy every moment of my son who is now 15 and was 7 at the time of my diagnosis and lol my kids are so aware now I drove them crazy for years and it paid off☺☺☺

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.