Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Hopefully a bit of humor for you

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dick_K
    Participant

This past Saturday, I was dressed in a long sleeve T shirt and sweatshirt. I was standing talking to my wife when I crossed my arms, touching my forearm with my hands. When I did that, I felt a lump on my left forearm and I said, “I have a lump on my arm”.

I immediately looked at my wife and I saw the concern/ fear in her eyes as she moved quickly to me all the while as I was feeling the lump. By the time she got to me, I knew what the problem was and she touched the lump on my arm and then she knew.

She put her arm up my sleeve and pulled out one of her socks! A missing one at that! It seems when clothes were in the dryer, the sock had found a new home.

We both had a good laugh and I hope you will also.

msue5
    Participant

There is a place called “Sock heaven” where I believe there are millions of missing socks. But sometimes they are there and turn up somewhere else. My husband wore a kids sock to work stuck on the back of his shirt. His coworkers let him wear it most of the day.

Mary Sue

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Thanks Dick, I enjoyed that! When I was diagnosed, my little girl at the time was 3 and she painted one of her fingernails totally black and I freaked out! We have a special connection here about what freaks us out, that’s for sure!! Hey and while I have your attention and Mary Sue, we have the largest pre-registration number ever for our event!! It is going to be big this year and the weather perfect. Look forward to seeing you both. (ok maybe a little chilly but NO SNOW!~)

msue5
    Participant

Chilly is good for the 5k participants. I am really looking forward to the event. I had to sign up for 2 mile walk but in reality will walk twenty feet before Abd spasms set in. Tomorrow I have appt with Plastic Surgeon to schedule hernia surgery which has to be open repair due to prior reconstruction and flap surgery. I am dreading it and SFTS will be a good distraction. I am so proud of my family for stepping up and supporting this event. I couldn’t ask for better family and friends and now will meet some of my Melanoma family.

Mary sue

Dick_K
    Participant

Catherine,

It’s not that my wife and I don’t believe you, but in addition to lightweight clothing, we will also be bringing heavy coats. We still laugh about how cold we were last year. See you Sunday.

Dick

msue5
    Participant

I think I will go back to Florida. Highs in the 50’s next week here, Hopefully my family is some of the reason numbers are high! See everyone Sunday.

Mary Sue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.