Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II How do they know?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jess92
    Participant

I’ve been pondering how it is evident that there is no lymphatic or blood vessel invasion

Is this because they see the vessels in the sample and note that there is no sign of mel movement through them?

It’s the only thing that’s still got me worried about my biopsy results and a little clarification would go along way in calming my nerves!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

As with any cancer, the only way you know you have it is when it forms a tumor that is seen on a CT scan. In the meantime, most of the cancer cells are microscopic and you can’t see them. But your immune system can spot them and eliminate them So try not to worry as it lowers your immune system.

cohanja
    Participant

You’re asking how does the pathologist determine no lymphovascular or angioinvasion? I don’t know, there must be something they look at under the microscope when they are doing the pathology that allows them to determine if lymphovascular invasion or angioinvasion is present or absent.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.