Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II How long do you normally have to wait for biopsy results?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Worrywart
    Participant

What is the average amount of days you have to wait for biopsy results from your derm?

I have only had two biopsies since I started seeing my new dermatologist. Today is day 8 and I called and the results still aren’t back! Does that seem excessive? With my last derm I had to wait 4 days tops, but usually only 2/3 days. Called today and they said that they had to send them to a dermatopathologist in Denver rather than the usual local pathologist…I hope that doesn’t mean it needed a special look or is concerning? The Dr did not know what the thing on my leg was, but thought it could be a dermatofibroma – but wouldn’t that be a quick/easy path read? Just venting I guess. Have to get through yet another weekend waiting on results. I feel between my brain MRI and this biopsy I’ve been waiting on results and stressed out this entire month.

🙄

goldengirl2011
    Participant

I have always had to wait 5-7 days for my results. I hope you get an answer soon, and that everything is ok. Hang in there, and try not to stress too much…

Cathy

Worrywart
    Participant

Thx Cathy. I hope I get good news Monday. I don’t get worried when I have moles removed, because I feel like I’m on top of the situation with those, and know which are new/changing. But this red / purple bump has thrown me for a loop – I don’t know what it was and the control freak worrywart in me is coming out! Plus I don’t really know how long it was there, when I first noticed it I thought it was an ingrown hair and ignored it for a long time….didn’t get concerned until I realized it never went away after quite some time – probably a good month.

Worrywart
    Participant

:D The strange bump on my leg ended up being a ruptured cyst that formed a granuloma around it!

goldengirl2011
    Participant

that is great news!

Worrywart
    Participant

Thank you for the support! I feel very blessed and happy to have nothing to worry about, it’s been a long month!

Jenni
    Participant

Just wanted to congratulate you on the good news! YAY!

Have a good evening.

Jenni

krissy424
    Participant

Worrywart posted:

Quote:

The strange bump on my leg ended up being a ruptured cyst that formed a granuloma around it!

I am so pleased to read this news that your bump is benign. I have seen how faithful you are to answer questions on the forum whenever needed. I thank you for all your sound advice and time spent making a difference for those with melanoma. Sometimes a few kind words of reassurance mean more than some realize.

Kris

marti
    Participant

Very happy to read your results, it was a long waiting (again) but surely you can enjoy the great news. Enjoy your weekend

Marti

Worrywart
    Participant

Thank you Marti, Jenni and Krissy! It is nice to be back to ‘worry-free’. Hopefully it lasts a while!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.