Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II How to tell the difference

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

So Mihm didn’t find any Vertical Growth Phase. Congratulations! Pathology is read by human beings, all with different training and expertise. I believe Dr. Mihm to be one of the best. I hope you will now rest easy.

cohanja
    Participant

Easier, anyway. But, still staying vigilant – this disease seems to jump up and bite you as soon as you let your guard down. I’ll count my blessings at this point and hope this is the only dealing with it I’ll ever have.

Worrywart
    Participant

Oh my gosh, YAY! Now you can stop obsessing about VGP! I’d believe mihm. I’ve always seen his path reports be WORST case scenarios…so if it was there, he’d have reported it.

wpatterson4
    Participant

Great news, Mr. C.

It looks like most opinions point toward RGP and away from VGP and mitoses. Isn’t it also true that mitotic figures are most prevalent within lesions greater than half a millimeter and that lesions less than half are not prone to spread, regardless of VGP?

wpatterson4
    Participant

“Easier, anyway. But, still staying vigilant – this disease seems to jump up and bite you as soon as you let your guard down”

That’s how I look at it.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.