Home Forums Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II If you had a mole that looked like this…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    HeatFire
    Participant

I got a mole that looks kinda strange, what i can see i got no other mole looking in the same way, my moles are usually more light brown.

Question is should i ask/force the dermatologist to do a biopsy?

he didn’t even check it last time i was there.

Worrywart
    Participant

It doesn’t scream melanoma, but always keep an eye on the ‘ugly duckling’. If it changes or grows at all, insist it is removed for biopsy.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I would insist on a biopsy. Your intuition is good enough for that. Let us know how things turn out.

TreeFrog
    Participant

Hi HeatFire,

I have to chime in and agree, you should get a biopsy for safety and peace of mind.

My own melanoma (stage 1a, .47mm) looked just yours. Of course, this does NOT mean that yours is a melanoma – just that it can’t be ruled out. I had to wait 8 months to get a biopsy on mine, and in that time I took many close-up photos because it worried me a bit. During all that time, it did not change – and yet it turned out to be mel. It had no ABCDE signs … it was just an “ugly duckling.” My instincts told me to be concerned about it.

So, get a biopsy to be sure.

Best wishes,

~Wendy

chas66
    Participant

Always go with your gut feeling. My derm said my birthmark/mole didn’t look like anything. I told him to take it out, something didn’t feel right. Breslow was 4.5, I’m stage 2B.

HeatFire
    Participant

I will ask my derm about it when i get the revisit appointment.. this month or next.

my last melanoma looked nothing like melanoma.. was a dried-blood colored small dot about 5mm wide, wasn’t even raised, only thing saying something was off was it bleeding sometimes.

problem is i was home from work 7 months cos my first melanomas WLE scar never stopped hurting, finally boss found me another spot working less with my feet more driving.

now this mole is on the upper part of the backside of my thigh. just my luck..

was hoping for a unified “its just a mole don’t worry about it” but now i actually have to think about getting it removed.

Worrywart
    Participant

I did not realize you have already had melanoma -I would definitely get it checked asap if your gut doesn’t like it and it’s new and different from the rest!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Heatfire, don’t wait until the next appointment, get in there asap and have it removed. Your history should help push the doc, and if not, get another doctor.

krissy424
    Participant

I’m not a doctor, but my melanoma looked a lot like the photo posted.

Sorry , hope its benign and nothing to worry about.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II’ is closed to new topics and replies.