Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV IL-15 Clinical Trial NCT01727076

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    marta010
    Participant

Catherine – do you have any information on this trial? Recombinant Interleukin-15 in Treating Patients With Advanced Melanoma, Kidney Cancer, Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer, or Squamous Cell Head and Neck Cancer

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01727076?term=NCT01727076&rank=1

Thank you for all you do.

Ann

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I’m not really impressed by this, it seems to be for a boatload of cancers and the centers doing it are not the highest esteemed melanoma centers. Do you have other options?

marta010
    Participant

Thanks, Catherine. Our other options are pretty limited. My husband has been battling for 2 years with Zelboraf, radiation, Gamma Knife (2), Yervoy (mixed response) and Tafinlar/MEK intermittently. He’s been struggling with the side effects of Tafinlar/MEK over the past several months. The disease was stable at his last scans in early Jan and we’re hoping for the same or better at the next scan. He feels really good when he’s not taking the drug combo – guess that’s the nature of chemo. Have a great weekend.

Ann

LucyG
    Participant

Hi,

I took IL2 at Univ. Of Virginia Hospital. It sounds similar to what you are talking about. I got sick from Yevoy, so they mentioned IL2. It has been over 8 months, and so far I am feeling good. I ended up with 26 units in my body, after 3 sessions (9 weeks). I go for another scan the end of February, and hoping for more good news. I also have Melanoma in my head, I got an MRI on Wednesday, and am hoping for good news for that one too. Good luck to your husband, it’s a rough cancer!

Sharon

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

ADC might be an option although not sure when the next openings will be. Jonathan (put in search) has written extensively about it here. The immunotherapies of PD1 are moving towards approval. PDL just opened some slots. I hope this gives you some options of the newer agents.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.