Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV In Pati’s Memory: Patient Access Grants

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

http://melanomainternational.org/who-we-are/patient-access-grant/#.UgOPvPXD_wp

We will be providing assistance to patients who need to travel to clinical trials but can’t afford it. Please see the link above for further information.

erinmay22
    Participant

Oh what a lovely thing to do. Still hard to believe she’s gone…

Celeste Morris
    Participant

Wonderful. She would be pleased.

dkmc
    Participant

Wonderful! I too think Pati would be pleased & I too can’t believe she is gone. I did not even “know” her but she was such an inspiration to Don & I. I wonder if she knew how much…

I just did a class on ACA & what it means for cancer patients. One interesting part is that starting in 2014 insurance will be required to pay for the tests/out of state care when patients participate in a “high quality”trial…so that was nice to know for those of us in USA. Of coarse it depends on your insurance for what they “normally’ pay but if it would pay for a say a PET scan – it would do so if you needed one for your trial & you would pay your co-pay/% you normally would. Anyway this makes me think about Pati & her work for access to care.

Karen

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I know Pati would approve. Please consider donating (any amount is fine) so that we can cover these grant requests. Everyone should have access to the latest treatments no matter their financial status. Your donation is tax deductible.

jeff77
    Participant

Let’s try and honor Pati’s memory. Any size donation counts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.